Updated Skincare







A while ago I posted about my skincare routine (now that I've looked it up, I've just realised that it was exactly a year ago).

I thought it is about time that I update this with what has been working, what hasn't, and any other tips along the way.

First of all, I didn't manage to stick to such a strict routine as I had been at the start of 2017.

One thing that I noticed is that when I moved back home to Edinburgh (around May or June 2017) that I found it more difficult to keep up. I think the reason for this lay in something as simple as where I stored my products / the general lay-out of my room.
In my London room I had them all laid out beside the sink (in the order even), or on the mantle piece shelf thing which was just next to my sink.
In my room in Edinburgh I don't have a sink, and the lighting at my mirror is pretty poor. The sink in the bathroom is communal and I don't really want to spread all my stuff around there.
I also tend to put most of my skin care away into my little basket box things, so they are not on display. But sometimes this means I forget to do the routine, or I just don't bother doing certain steps. It is far more satisfying when your products are all laid out in front of you.
Anyway, little princess complaining / moaning aside - this routine has generally worked very well for me, and I am going to try to be a bit better at sticking to it.

I found that after a while, my skin didn't need such an intensive strict routine, and in January / February 2018 I was just using Micellar water and moisturiser.

Due to stress, eating badly, and picking (which was induced by stress) - my skin got a little worse again around March/April 2018.




New products I have tried and liked: 

Superdrug Vitamin E leave-on moisture mask

L'Oreal Extraordinary Facial Oil (I got this on a discount / deal)

Origins Ginzing eye cream (I actually got mine on Depop, so I didn't pay full price)

The Ordinary - Salicylic Acid and Buffet

The Body Shop aloe vera toner, vitamin E moisturiser  (I got the mini versions. I don't know whether they still do the minis)

I discovered a mini pot of aloe vera moisturiser from The Body Shop which I can't find in the store anymore, but which I will try to find online. I've since finished it, but found that it was really very good. I think it must be this, but in different/updated packaging to the one I had.




What I have been doing (more or less) for an evening skin routine - 

1. Garnier Micellar water
(if wearing make-up)
use with a cotton pad

2. Simple Toner
I pat this on with fingertips if I have time (rather than wipe /drag with a cotton pad), although sometimes life is too short. Sometimes I use The Body Shop aloe vera toner instead. 

3. Origins Original Skin Essence
again, pat on (but I've run out of this and will be repurchasing when I have the cash)

5. The Ordinary
I rotate between using Hyaluronic / Salicylic acid + buffet + azelaic acid or retinoid on alternate nights / depending

6. The Body Shop Vitamin E or Aloe Vera moisturiser 



I still use masks regularly. Usually either Nip+Fab Glycolic mask or the Boots Tea Tree & Charcoal mask.



What I have been doing (more or less) for a morning skin routine - 


1. Garnier Micellar water
if feeling a bit gross

2. Simple toner
pat on!

3. Superdrug vitamin E cream
dot a load around your face and gently pat in

4. Origins Ginzing Eye Cream
pat gently under eyes




Things which I still want to try:

Kiehls midnight recovery concentrate
Glamglow gravitymud
Banish pumpkin enzyme mask
Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Origins Original Skin Mask
Clean It Zero purity for sensitive skin
Rosehip oil
Glossier mega greens galaxy mask
Glossier moisturizing moon mask
Anything from Aesop 

Drunk Elephant skincare




Heart It

1 comments:

 

Follow by Email: