Hipster specs - London Retro from Glasses Direct - Review




Having received a pair of glasses previously from Glasses Direct to review, I was contacted again to see if I wanted to review another pair.

OF COURSE I DO.

Glasses are one of my weaknesses. Pretty sad, I know. 



This time I selected a very similar style, but in tortoiseshell (these ones), although I seem to have received dark tortoiseshell (not complaining as they are lovely!). However, I do wish I had gone for a lighter shade, as they look maybe a little tiny bit too similar to the ones I already own.




It's a subtle dark brown, which is far more flattering on the face than the black styles (in my opinion), but not significantly / obviously different from my black pair.












They do add a definite edge to an outfit, these do.
I would describe them as French librarian chic.
(Basically my aim in life anyway).

Here's some pics of me wearing them:







You can buy the glasses I am wearing here.


Here's some mood-board inspiration ( I also found this particular feed on Pinterest full of inspiration):

















(you can see more of this sort of thing on my Pinterest, especially my style mood board)



If you're on the look out for new glasses, I would definitely recommend the guys at Glasses Direct, there's a pretty wide selection, and it's a bit different from the mainstream Specsavers stuff, and not heavily branded with designers or anything. Subtle and classy.


--------------------------
Other favourites that I picked out, (obviously I couldn't try them all, so not entirely sure what I would wear them with - but if I was to review another pair, it would be one of these guys):




From the rest of the London Retro range -




Sweeney in antique gold (if you want that Harry Potter vibe)





There's the Scout range - 







Drummond in grey, amber or black 
(although grey and amber seem to be out of stock at the moment - but I particularly like the grey one for that modern hipster look)







-----------------


BUT WAIT!
This is the best bit - 
They have a free home trial - https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/free-home-trial/

Yes, a FREE home trial!

You get to choose 4 frames, can try them on at home, prance around in them, ask people "do my eyes look big in this?", and then send them back freepost! Then you can have a better idea which ones fit your face, which styles go with your wardrobe, which styles don't freak out your dog etc etc etc

WONDERFUL!

(I will certainly be doing this)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, if you want to stalk them (as I do), their social links are here - 


SPECtacular. 

(please feel free to suggest better glasses/eyes related puns in the comments. cheers.)



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Heart It

2 comments:

  1. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. Lasik Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunglass cut ons for kids' solution eyeglasses can likewise be bought. offerte occhiali da sole guess

    ReplyDelete

 

Follow by Email: