Notes on things I did this academic year / things I discovered





I did a bunch of stuff.



Films I made


Documentary 



Brief: 5 min documentary

(my pitch is on prezi here)


London's Laundry from Catriona O'Sullivan on Vimeo.

(Obviously there are issues with this, but it was ok given the circumstances.)




Brief: Portrait of a Location

Library - Documentary - Portrait of a Location from Catriona O'Sullivan on Vimeo.


Brief: Observational Scene

Father John: Radio DJ - Documentary - Observational Scene from Catriona O'Sullivan on Vimeo.


Brief: Interview

Interview from Oliver Prudence on Vimeo.



This was our first project - the audio is quite bad but a good idea!

Word Association from Oliver Prudence on Vimeo.




Creative Digital Arts



Brief: Creative film / art project inspired by an art exhibition / installation



Folio is here http://creativedigitalartsrhulspring.tumblr.com/



Clanks, Screeches and Beeps - Creative Digital Arts project from Catriona O'Sullivan on Vimeo.



'Belonging' - Film Art Installation - Creative Digital Arts Project 1 from Catriona O'Sullivan on Vimeo.


Brief: Mini studio project (small version of final installation)

'Belonging' - Mini Studio Project - Creative Digital Arts from Catriona O'Sullivan on Vimeo.






TV Shows I made



Directed / Presented -

(I know it's not great, but it's not a complete disaster either! :) )







Coffee House Sessions - my role: director / producer / camera

(bad camera quality)








Dance I did


This year I got onto the RHUL Contemporary Dance Team.

I was part of 'Get down at RHUL' - here's a little trailer for it.



I will try and get a copy of the actual dance, and post it here when/if I can.


Radio Shows I presented

I still need to update my Mixcloud with the other 3 not bad radio shows that I did recently






This is a compilation of some bits of me talking about the arts for a demo for a reviewer job thing



Was nominated for the university awards - for best topical chat show!

(Sorry my face is really big here)


(want to focus more on guests next year. got a bit sloppy with planning and would like to try some OBs and the drive around thing and DJ and jail break)



Places I went


Soho to a Chinese restaurant called Taro (?)
GAY bar in Soho
Ministry of Sound
Global Radio
Germany - Leipzig, Weimar, Bechstedt
Explored Egham more
Edinburgh - Botanical Gardens for my mum's 60th birthday
Manchester
Germany - Leipzig, Bad Blankenburg, Berlin
Brick Lane / Shoreditch
Peckham / Crystal Palace - London - to be a runner for a BBC politics show
Kings X
Hoxton / Columbia Road Flower Market
Notting Hill
Lots of nights out in Egham with the student TV people
Richmond
Drinks and food at Southbank and Waterloo - The Cut (Young Vic)
Gullane beach - Scotland
Drinks and Asian food in Soho again
(I am sure I will remember more later)


Exhibitions I saw / Galleries visited


Tate Modern (more than once)
Kentridge
Under
Pallet Paradise
ACC refugee
Whitechapel art gallery
Victoria Miro art gallery
Somerset House


YouTube channels / Publications I found and liked


Broadly
The Pool
Hoxton mini press
Clara Henry
(will update this when I remember the stuff)



Music I found and liked


Rain sounds
Balthazar
Into Dust
Izzy Bizu
SJ Lewis


Films I watched and liked

Une Femme est une Femme
Le Mepris
lots of documentaries
I love Godard, and not a fan of Herzog

(next year I will take political cinema, documentary and geo politics on film - so lots more interesting films)


TV I watched and liked


Got even more into Frozen Planet / David Attenborough stuff
Strictly Come Dancing
Graham Norton
The Bridge
The Office (US)
The Great Pottery Throw down
House of Cards (Netflix)
The Bridge
Shetland




More stuff I find interesting linked on my Twitter.





Heart It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow by Email: