20 Recent Things





Things that have been happening in my life of late:



1. Strawberry Picking

2. A New Teapot

3. Chilled White Wine in the Garden

4. Feeling old at clubs I have out-grown

5. Making Films

6. New Projects

7. Waiting for friends to get their postcards that I sent them from Iceland

8. Making plans for August

9. Football: Feeling bad for Brazil

10. Re-adjusting to new fashion trends

11. Lemon-Courgette Pasta

12. Watching the Harry Potter films with my little sister

13. Identifying Plants

14. Getting Stuck on Crosswords

15. Not doing as well on University Challenge as I have done previously.

16. Falling back in love with Tumblr and Pinterest

17. Always prepared for the rain

18. A Journey on the on the New Edinburgh Trams

19. BBQs

20.The new household Llama





1. Strawberry Picking


I went to Craigies farm near Edinburgh recently, which I had never been to before. It's a pick-your-own farm and we had a wonderfully sunny day full of picking fresh strawberries, raspberries and blackcurrants.
They also had redcurrants and gooseberries (but we didn't fancy those so much).
Later in the month the cherries will be ready to pick, and they also had carrots!
Apparently near Halloween you can pick your own pumpkin!
It is £2 to get in, which you get back if you pick more than £2 worth of fruit. You get these cute little punnets and boxes and the best part is that you know that every single berry in your box is a good one!



I was undecided as to what to do with all this fruit, so I made little fruit tart things.








At the moment we just have blackcurrants and raspberries left - I was thinking about trying to make a blackcurrant sorbet - but maybe I don't have enough to do that. Any ideas welcome!



2. A New Teapot


Once upon a time, was a wonderful trusty teapot in my household.
It was well-used, made the right flavour of tea, and exactly the right amount for 4 people.
Then, one day, the lid broke.
The old teapot was replaced with a new one.
The new teapot tried its' hardest to be as good as the old teapot, but no matter how hard it tried, it just didn't measure up.
It was that little bit too big, and the handle wasn't well-balanced so it was difficult to pour. It did not have the taste of many-brews-past imbued into it's pottery insides.
This threw up many a debate in our household about how tea should be made, and it became quite heated.
Some prefer a weak tea with lots of milk, others a medium tea with the milk put in first, some wanted to switch to decaf tea and others wanted a strong brew.

Here is a good rap about tea that pretty much sums it up:


3. Chilled White Wine in the Garden


White wine & rose, staying out that little bit too long until we get goosebumps...


4. Feeling old at clubs I have out-grown


This club shall remain un-named, but it was one that I used to frequent around the time I turned 18. I went there recently with a few pals and it was very very weird. They did have cool 'jam jar drinks' though. But I think next time I will be off to one of the more classy cocktail bars (there are loads of ones that I have only just discovered - so I will write a little post about them all soon).


5. Making Films


I have been involved in doing production design for some short student films (mostly from Screen Academy Scotland), which I will post here in due course.


6. New Projects


I am now working at new online shopping app Mallzee and interviewing authors/ being a production trainee with Summerhall TV.


7. Waiting for friends to get their postcards that I sent them from Iceland


I know a few of them have arrived already.

8. Making plans for rest of July/August


Edinburgh Fashion Festival
Italy?
The Edinburgh Festival & Fringe
Amnesty International Festival volunteering
Wales- for my pal Anna's very belated 'birthday' party
Summerhall TV - Book Festival interviews
Talbot Rice Gallery Intern
Amsterdam?
EUSY Malta Festival?
Arts Events
France? / or Gender Studies Summer School in Berlin

9. Football: Feeling bad for Brazil

 

10. Re-adjusting to new fashion trends


Some of the things that are 'in' right now are just plain weird.


11. Lemon-Courgette Pasta


Saw it on Pinterest and then made it.

Recipe here.




12. Watching the Harry Potter films with my little sister


Also my sister found this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/tabathaleggett/the-harry-potter-guide-to-the-u-k


13. Identifying Plants

Don't ask.

14. Getting Stuck on Crosswords



15. Not doing as well on University Challenge as I have done previously.



16. Falling back in love with Tumblr and Pinterest

My Tumblr - http://ilikecheesyurlnames.tumblr.com/ 

My Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/catrionaos/

There is something more private about Tumblr for some reason...

(by the way, more 'stalking options' have been added to my About page)

17. Always prepared for the rain


We never really trust the good weather in Scotland

18. A Journey on the on the New Edinburgh Trams


A beautiful evening, we set out on my first tram ride. Sunset over the countryside.
Then a lovely Polish girl called Magda at Costa gave me extra chocolate on my cappuccino and there was a very enthusiastic ginger tram conductor with all the facts on the way back.


19. BBQs

Slightly burnt, but it feels good to eat outside.

20.The new household Llama


My mum's friend brought back this cute little guy from Machu Picchu... I have a feeling he may become like a little Amelie Garden Gnome, except moving around the house. He is currently in a little glass plant house.




Heart It

2 comments:

  1. Good post! We actually have some things in common...only that my friends haven't received my postcards from Italy, and I assume they never will haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really? Cool! Where were you in Italy?

      Delete

 

Follow by Email: